Internet security has become an increasing priority for small businesses and content creators. Properly securing your website protects visitors and online transactions from unauthorized access, data breach, and hacking threats. It is crucial to provide a secure browsing experience for your customers.
Make Your Website Secure with an SSL Certificate
Take a simple action to prevent your website from data breaches – by having a proper SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. Websites on WPEgine managed web hosting automatically receives a free SSL certificate with a one-click installation.
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL or Secure Sockets Layer is a security protocol that establishes an encrypted connection between the web server and the browser. This ensures the safety and privacy of data exchanged within the encryption. SSL certificate is a digital handshake that verifies and authenticates the identity of websites so that secure, encrypted data exchange can be made between web servers and browsers.
Example of Why Business Websites Need to Install SSL Certificates
For example, an e-commerce store needs an SSL certificate to protect its customer’s private information during checkout.
Why Every Website Needs an SSL Certificate?
It is imperative for businesses online to have an SSL certificate to safe-keep private data such as customer transaction information. Google also penalizes websites without SSL – a website could lose ranking and fall off the top search results page for popular search terms relevant to its niche market, which negatively impacts sales and marketing efforts.
Top 3 Reasons Why Your Website Needs an SSL Certificate
How to Check If a Website Has an SSL Certificate
Look for the “https” in front of a website’s URL. Websites without an SSL certificate will show up as “http.”
Web Hosting Service is Required for an SSL Certificate
You will need a web hosting service provider in order to install an SSL certificate. WPEngine is one of the best fully managed web hosting providers for WordPress websites. Refer to our resource on how to choose the best managed web hosting provider.
Starting at $20 / Month
Best for WordPress hosting.
Sign up on WPEngine’s website.
- A fully managed web hosting service designed for WordPress.
- More than 1.5 million websites are hosted through WPEngine.
- Peace of mind with tech stacks, server security, updates, or server-side optimizations. WPEngine takes care of them.
- The latest and fastest technology to deliver seamless, high-performance digital experiences.
- WPEngine is constantly investing in rendering the best possible secure environment for all businesses online.
- 100% focused on WordPress.
- Quality 24/7/365 customer support.
- Automatic WordPress and PHP updates.
- Free CDN (Content Delivery Network.)
- Free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates.
- Integrated web speed performance tools.
- Uptime protection.
- Automated daily backups.
- Development, staging, and production environments.
- Managed core updates and patches.
- Threat detection and blocking.
- Disaster recovery.
- Provide managed web hosting service only.
- Do not provide domain name registration service.
How to Install a Free SSL Certificate on a Website with WPEngine
Follow the quick and straightforward three-step guide below to add the free SSL certificate to your website through WPEngine managed web hosting. It only takes a few seconds.
Install Free SSL Certificate in WPEngine Managed Web Hosting in 3 Steps
Congratulations, you have successfully enabled SSL on your website! Check your web browser to make sure “https” appears before the domain name.
Continue the Learning Journey with Amppfy
Amppfy’s digital marketing resource library is beginner-friendly, and zero technical or marketing experience is required to get started. Learn how to create a practical, actionable, and programmatic digital marketing playbook for any business website, e-commerce store, or content platform. Leverage effective SEO, SEM, and social media strategies to boost brand authority, increase online visibility, and generate quality demand.
Follow us on LinkedIn to stay updated on the latest digital marketing news, strategies, and free content.